Thursday, February 14, 2008

PostSecret - Valentines Edition

Someone commented on this one:
"Can I have her address?
I will send her flowers. dozens.
real ones, and paper ones, and pictures of ones."

That made me cry.











Here's why I love PostSecret:
I love people. I love their hope, their pain, their strengths and weaknesses, their love and joy, their despair and sorrow. I think that the stronger the depth of emotion, the more vulnerable and open someone has allowed themselves to be to the world. I think there is no great love without great loss, or at least the possibility of it. I think there is no great achievement without a certain amount of failure. I think our turbulent past opens the door to a future that is bright and open because we have learned the lowest we can go and we've decided to keep moving forward. I think every loss is an opportunity to appreciate and grow. I think every joy is a blessing that you can carry with you through those moments when life is not a joy. I think we beat each other down for all kinds of different reasons and I think the world would be a better place if we weren't afraid to admit that we all are beautiful and funny and sad and lonely and capable and misunderstood and stronger than we think and more blessed than we know.

And I think PostSecret shows the depths of joy and sorrow for everyone. And I think it's a beautiful thing.





Postsecret: A Valentine Video

Add to My Profile | More Videos

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails