Friday, February 29, 2008

My attempt at piecing together words...



I am inadequate at fully conveying my thoughts and emotions in a situation like this, but I have a few things to say that I hope will make some sense.

I wish I could find the words to express my heartfelt grief and disgust at the homophobia in our nation. It is perpetuated by media at times, by parents, by individuals and even (although as a Christian I hate to admit it) by the church. The church is even possibly one of the strongest leaders of this homophobic thinking. I believe that is wrong on many levels.

"Pre-meditated Hate Crime." That's what they are calling it.

Jesus, I'm ready to go home. And I want to take everyone with me. It breaks my heart. What can I do? I want to help.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails