Sunday, January 27, 2008

Suburban Girl

I read this book last summer, The Girls Guide to Hunting and Fishing by Melissa Bank. I liked the book. I didn't love it. Not necessarily one of my favorites, but it was a good story and I enjoyed it. I heard that there was a movie coming out based on it called Suburban Girl and Sarah Michelle Gellar was in it. So, of course, I had to watch it.

I rented it the other day and I watched it tonight. I really liked it. It made me cry. It has Sarah Michelle Gellar and Alec Baldwin in it. It's about an associate book editor, a 24-year old girl just trying to figure things out and start her career. She starts dating this older, 50-year old guy who is a well-known book editor. It's just about their relationship and her story of growing up and things like that.

Similar to the book, it wasn't my favorite. I didn't love it, but it was a good story and I enjoyed it.

If you're a girl, you should watch it. You might enjoy it, too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

have you read "dante's inferno"? we have to read it for my philosophy class, and watch "rosemary's baby" and "happiness". i think you'd love this class!! we have to read this other book soon called "the sorrows of the young werther". i'm excited about that one.

soon, i'll be able to start a huge philosophical conversation at one of the dinners. it'll be awesome.

Related Posts with Thumbnails