Sunday, January 6, 2008

P.S. I Love You - my thoughts


With the exception of Legends of the Fall (which will always remain the saddest movie I have ever seen), I have never cried so much in a movie as I did in this one. It was 5 minutes into it and I was passing out little strips of the travel size toilet paper my mom put in my stocking for Christmas. I went back and forth between laughing a lot and crying a lot. And everytime I cried, it was tears and everything immediately. That doesn't happen to me a lot in movies. I do cry. I just usually get teared up and kinda sniffly, but I have to really be crying for there to be tears in a movie.

Anyway, so it was sad. It was also really beautiful and I liked it. But not all that much. I think Hilary Swank looks like a horse and in no world could she ever deserve Gerard Butler or Jeffrey Dean Morgan, but whatever. I loved both of them in this movie. And Spike. Oh, Spike. He was great and Hannah and I both squealed with glee when the referenced that "Vampire Slaying" is not a valid career choice.

Overall, I recommend seeing it - once - and only if you are a woman.

The end.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

i still argue that legends of the fall is not the saddest movie i've ever seen... it's not even close! just out of curiosity, what is the second saddest movie you've seen?

Emily H. said...

um. this movie...what can i say. hysterical. and i agree...it's one of those that makes you immediately cry.

we are also in agreement about ms. swank...especially in the scenes where she is made to look younger.

oh denny duquette.

Mandy said...

Oh I love Gerry sooo much! He made the movie for me personally. I did cry a lot, and I don't cry usually. Probably cried mostly because Mr. Butler was the one who died!!! Please read the book, Mrs. Avid-Reader, the story is a million times better than the movie! They changed far too much! It is an easy read, but worth it in my opinion.

Emily H. said...

i have heard the book was way better than the movie, so i must check it out.

speaking of books being better than movies...you must read the nanny diaries and the devil wears prada. both WAY better in literary form.

Cameron said...

i don't know what the 2nd saddest movie i've ever seen is. i go off of how much i cried, which doesn't really say how sad it is exactly. it can be sadder and touches me differently to where i don't cry. but off the top of my head...finding neverland probably. i don't know, though. maybe we were soldiers or something.

i really want to read the book now!! i need to go get it!!

Maria said...

Cameron, you had the same reaction that I did. And I agree with Mandy, Gerard made the movie for me personally(I love those Irish boys).

I HAVE to read the book now!

Related Posts with Thumbnails