Saturday, January 19, 2008

Cloverfield - my thoughts

First, I loved the idea of the movie. I thought the previews looked great and I was excited to see it! I wasn't as excited as some people were, but I was still looking forward to it.

I knew that it would be all hand-held cameras and I didn't think that would bother me. I saw Blair Witch Project and was totally fine. I don't get carsick. I thought I was good to go.

I was not.

About 25 minutes into the movie, I got soooooo nauseous that I couldn't even look at the screen anymore. I closed my eyes and even the lights flickering made me sick. So I watched about 25 minutes of the movie and then peeked every once in a while when I thought I could handle it.

From what I did see, I really liked it. The cinematography was great. I think J.J. Abrams is fantastic at everything. It was well done, from what I hear except for a couple of individual moments, you couldn't even tell it was special effects.

I would definitely recommend watching the videos online of the back stories and things like that before seeing it. Lewis & I did that today. But I think you will still like it okay even if you don't do that.

Overall, definitely worth seeing if you can handle the hand-held camera thing, which I evidently could NOT and I was pretty mad at myself about. I don't get car sick!! What the heck??

Anyway, anyone else see it? Thoughts??

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think Andrew and I are going to see that tonight!

Related Posts with Thumbnails