Friday, February 20, 2009

Oscar Pick: Best Picture

Slumdog Millionaire
I just absolutely think it will win. It was fabulous. It was well written, well directed, excellent cast, beautiful setting and generally a happy ending kind of thing. The whole thing fits together perfectly. I loved it and I think the Academy will too!


The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
I do think this movie was so good, but I don't think it will win. It was completely beautiful, at times even looking like a painting on the screen. Cate Blanchett and Brad Pitt were wonderful, but again, I don't think it will win.


Frost/Nixon
I did really enjoy this movie, but I didn't think it had that overall pizazz that I normally recognize in the former Best Picture winners.


Milk
For me, this would be the closest to Slumdog to win. It was just completely well done all the way around. Gus Van Sant is an excellent director and he pieced together a wonderful movie. I really loved it. I wouldn't be disappointed if this won, but I still think Slumdog will.


The Reader
I haven't seen this one, so I don't really have an opinion.

1 comment:

The_Brain said...

I'm torn between "Slumdog Millionaire" and "The reader", kate winslet was really great in it but I'm pretty sure Slumdog will get many oscars. I Can't wait for this evening.

Related Posts with Thumbnails