Monday, February 16, 2009

Oscar Pick: Actress in a Supporting Role

This one is odd because Kate Winslet won Best Supporting Actress at the Golden Globes and at the SAG Awards for The Reader, but she was nominated for Best (Leading) Actress for The Reader at the Oscars. This opens wide the possibilities for Actress in a Supporting Role at the Oscars. It's anybody's game.

Amy Adams
Doubt
I haven't seen this movie yet, but I do love her! She hasn't won anything for this at the Globes or the SAG awards, so I doubt (ha) that she'll win the Oscar.


Penelope Cruz
Vicky Cristina Barcelona
I really liked this performance. She was crazy and beautiful in the best ways.


Viola Davis
Doubt
I haven't seen this movie and I don't know much about her, so I can't really judge this performance.


Taraji P. Henson
The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
I thought she did a fabulous job in this! I remember thinking, "Who is that woman? She's wonderful!" Seeing her in interviews shows how sweet she really is in real life, too. I would be thrilled if she won this one!


Marisa Tomei
The Wrestler
I have a small feeling that she may win for this performance. I loved it. She really brought life and heart to that role. I enjoyed it a lot!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails