Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Oscar Pick: Actor in a Supporting Role

One word: Heath
Outside of the fact that he died and I do think he is being recognized even more than he would have been otherwise, I still believe that his portrayal of The Joker was one of the best performances I have ever seen. He deserves to win.


Josh Brolin
Milk
I didn't think this performance was anything outstanding. I thought Sean Penn, Emile Hirsch and James Franco pretty much steal the show in the movie.


Robert Downey Jr.
Tropic Thunder
While I do agree that this performance was great, it just pales in comparison to Heath Ledger.


Philip Seymour Hoffman
Doubt
Haven't seen it yet, but I want to! I think he usually does a wonderful job in all his performances.


Michael Shannon
Revolutionary Road
I actually think this is a good pick for a nomination, but again, I don't think he'll win against Heath.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails