Sunday, September 21, 2008

Live Passionately

What are you good at? What sparks that fire in your soul? What makes you want to keep going?

For me, it's people. It's strange because people are also my greatest weakness. Let me explain.

I see all the wonderful things in people. I constantly find myself amazed by the strength or kindness or perseverance or love or grace or talent of people. I could go on and on. I think that is why I like movies and tv and music. They each capture these things I'm constantly thinking and set them up in a much more eloquent and beautiful way than I ever could. My weakness is that I can so quickly cut other people down for one reason or another. With my words, I can so easily say horrible, unnecessary things about people who are really no different than me. We all have our dark moments. We all struggle to become who we want to be. I wrote this paragraph in one of my posts one time about why I love PostSecret. I love how it connects everyone. No one is alone in their secrets. Someone else has been there, too.

I'm not really sure what my ultimate point of posting this is, but basically I feel like there is more that I have to offer and I'm not doing it. I feel like maybe if I told these people in my life how I see them, it might make some sort of different. Or it might make them look for that in themselves or someone else. But I'm scared of sounding cheesy or stupid or trivial. I'm going to experiment on my blog. Let me know what you think.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails