Sunday, September 21, 2008

i see you - emily


(First of all, no offense to Emily - but these are in no particular order. There is no specific reason why I pick one person over another. I just do.)

Emily has the ability to see objectively in situations where I couldn't. She beautifully balances her faith in Jesus and her life in the world. She and her husband exhibited one of the most profound forms of bravery that someone from a very close family can exhibit and they moved to Las Vegas. They are in pursuit of their calling and their purpose and they strive for this with unabashed courage and integrity. She cares about people in a very simple and sincere way. She will be the one to buy you some $5.00 gift that seems so trivial, but when you realize how perfectly it complements you and how specifically she thought of you when she picked it out, it is beyond value. I'm not even sure she realizes that she does that. She shows strength when her world falls apart, which regretfully it has a couple of times. At moments when she thinks she is being weak and has fallen apart, I have seen more authentic grace and love for the people she cares about than at any other moment. I believe it is the kindness of Christ that leads people to Him and I believe Emily shows this to people.

For those of you who know Emily - what do you see in her?

4 comments:

Emily said...

that was very nice of you ms. cameron. i love and miss you in my daily life.

Anonymous said...

I would have to agree and I am lucky to not only call Em my friend but my Family and well. Missy

stephanie said...

emily is one nice lady.
i like her.

Susan Henry Toups said...

I love Emily! You are so unique and amazing!

Related Posts with Thumbnails