Friday, January 5, 2007

2006 in Review

“There aren’t many moments you can point to and say, ‘That’s where it is. That’s where it all changed.’” -One Tree Hill

This was a year when it all changed - a landmark year for me, I guess you could say. How do you get to that moment that changes everything for you? I’m not sure exactly, but before you know it started, it’s over. And your life is never the same.

In January, I was still a newlywed.
In February, I made a decision and changed my life.
In March, I was devastated.
In April, I was learning.
In May, I was ready for a change.
In June, I went on vacation. (First time in years)
In July, I went on a journey.
In August, I closed the door to a season of my life.
In September, I went back to work.
In October, my friends went away.
In November, I had a hard time.
In December, I was lonely. I gained a sister. I lost a friend.

Things change for everybody. This year I learned about love and I learned about grace. I learned about politics and judgment and understanding and mistakes. I learned what I was capable of and I learned what I could overcome. It’s been a year of tears, but a year of growth. More than anything this year, I learned who I want to be by at times becoming someone I hated. I know where to draw the line. And I draw it at myself. Maybe it doesn’t make sense to you now, but keep getting to know me, and it will some day.

2 comments:

Peter Brackney said...

wow, you posted a lot today!

Cameron said...

well i decided to delete my other blog, so i moved a couple of them over from that one.

Related Posts with Thumbnails