Thursday, May 15, 2008

What Happens in Vegas Movie Review


What Happens in Vegas was a huge surprise to me. I had seen the previews, thought they looked pretty funny, but wasn't really impressed. I was planning on renting it when it came out. It just so happened that all my friends wanted to see that one night, so we went. It was much better than I had expected! It's clear from the previews what the plot is; a guy gets fired, a girl gets dumped, they both decide separately to alleviate their pain by jetting off to Vegas. They meet, get drunk, spend a wild night together which ends in marriage. The next morning, over their break-up conversation, he uses her quarter in a slot machine and wins $3 million! Because they are married, they are legally each entitled to half. They go to court and are ordered to spend the next 6 months - married - before the money will be available to them.

Ashton Kutcher and Cameron Diaz are incredibly funny, even more than normal. Ashton Kutcher hasn't always been my favorite as he always was a little more slapstick sort of funny than I liked. They were both right where they needed to be in this movie, playing off of each other for an outcome that was hilarious and adorable. There were tons of 1-liners that I will probably be saying for a while to come. Their friends, played by Rob Corddry and Lake Bell actually steal the scenes in some parts. I laughed more at them sometimes than at Kutcher & Diaz.

It's definitely worth seeing if you're in the mood to laugh. Why? YOU KNOW WHY! (Just see the movie)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

most of the chick flicks i've seen with Ashton Kutcher have been at least halfway decent, A Lot Like Love is one example

Related Posts with Thumbnails