Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Au revoir, Chocolat!



"As with most fine things, chocolate has its season. There is a simple memory aid that you can use to determine whether it is the correct time to order chocolate dishes: any month whose name contains the letter a, e, or u is the proper time for chocolate."

- Sandra Boynton

"Chemically speaking, chocolate really is the world's perfect food."
- Michael Levine
Nutrition Researcher


“My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished 2 bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already.”
- Dave Barry



I just ate some M & M's after lunch. That was my last taste of chocolate until April 8.

6 comments:

janine said...

and you just bought that bag of chocolate chips...

oh cammie.

i've never given up anything for lent before.

maybe i should this year?

Peter Brackney said...

of course, you've said you were giving up stuff in years past too - only to give up a few days into the Lenten season.

Many Protestants practice Lent. I have practiced it for the last several years - this year I'm giving up cussing and Morganne is giving up Dairy Queen and root beer.

all will be hard, but just remember - we're giving up something easy. Jesus died on a Cross. Thing about that next time you see an M&M! :-)

kate said...

good luck with it! i'm giving up fast food...i've never really done lent before but i decided to give it a try (i really need a reason to give up fast food anyway, haha)

i will eat some chocolate for you if you will eat some french fries for me.

fair, no?

stephanie said...

i went to a catholic elementary school and we were all told to give something up for lent. so i used to tell my mom i was giving up chocolate chip cookies so that she would buy a bunch and let me eat it all in one sitting when infact i would give up something i already didnt like. haha yea i know its wrong, but i was in 2nd grade!

stephanie said...

i eat alot of french fries and drink a lot of pop. so maybe ill give up one of the two. i guess its goodbye to my beloved coca cola :( well, unless its mixed with alcohol...ive gotta agree with megan on that one!

Anonymous said...

why are you not eating chocolate?

Related Posts with Thumbnails