Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Quote for the Day

“I do not wish to treat friendships daintily, but with the roughest courage. When they are real, they are not glass threads or frost-work, but the solidest thing we know.”
-Ralph Waldo Emerson


I think this is the way we should all think of our friendships - if they are real friendships. I wonder sometimes how strong a friendship can be if you don't really trust someone. I feel incredibly blessed to know that I have some friendships that are stronger than my darkest moments and are not limited by my inability to be everything I should be. Friendships should be places we are free to be honest and open. We should never be afraid that what we say or do will break them because they are stronger than all of that. I have some friends I trust completely with my secrets, my fears, my struggles, my mistakes, my past and my future. I hope you have some similar friendships in your life.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails