Monday, November 24, 2008

Movies I Watched This Weekend

I do not yet have a permanent opinion. I liked some things, I didn't like some other things. I'm in the middle of reading the book again and then I'm going to see the movie again. I'm not posting my full thoughts until I'm confident in my opinion.


Just Like Heaven
I love Reese Witherspoon and Mark Ruffalo and there are several reasons why I own this movie and watch it every once in a while. I don't buy very many movies and I realize that it's strange that I bought this one. It's no Sweet Home Alabama - which is probably one of my favorite chick flicks of all time - but it's still good. I love when Mark Ruffalo is talking about his wife who died and he talks about all the things that were annoying about her, but it's still so clear that he just misses her and misses even the annoying things. It's just very sweet.


Father of the Bride
This movie is just a classic. Everytime I watch it, I cry, because it's just perfect in describing those emotions on that day. Lewis and I watched it together when we saw that it was on tv. It's so funny - Steve Martin is just the best. If you haven't seen this movie, you should definitely watch it. Just be prepared for the fabulousness that is her early 90's wedding dress. Wow.


Footloose
For someone who loves dance movies as much as I do, this is just an absolute classic. It's back when Kevin Bacon was totally hot and not creepy like I kinda think he is now (ever since Hollow Man really, I never got over that movie). I love love love the part where he dances alone and then the end when everyone is dancing - it's just the best thing ever. SO awesome.


Legally Blonde
If you don't totally fall in love with Reese Witherspoon in this movie, you have no heart. She is so sweet and charming, even as a full-on blonde sorority girl - which can be difficult to deal with in and of itself - she just makes you totally love her. Luke Wilson is adorable and I also always forget that Ali Larter, now from Heroes, is in it!


My Best Friend's Wedding
I always cry at the end when Julia Roberts' character loans "their song" to Dermot Mulroney & Cameron Diaz. It's so sweet and it's so weird to see Cameron Diaz that young! She's sort-of a big deal now and back then, she was just so different. It's a good movie, though. I DVR'd it.


(You're probably wondering how I have time to watch all these movies in 1 weekend...it's called DVR and a laptop for doing lots of homework as I watch.)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails