Sunday, September 16, 2007

Phobia

So I have a phobia. I don't know exactly how to explain it. It is of really big things, like really vast things. For example: The Hoover Dam, The Grand Canyon, being in the middle of the ocean with no land around you, great big craters or holes. I don't know, it's weird. It's not a fear of heights. It's a fear of really big things. I don't know, but click this link to see an example of pictures that literally make me immediately start sweating and almost vomit. I had to cover the screen with my hand just to get the link. I'm not over exaggerating, I literally cannot even look at these pictures without an intense physical reaction.

I guess my phobia is kindof like this: Megalophobia - Fear of large things

The problem is that I read a lot of websites about it and it says that if you have a phobia a lot of times it helps to be exposed to whatever it is you are afraid of. I've never been to the Hoover Dam and I've never been to the Grand Canyon and whenever I've seen either of them on tv or something, I look away or close my eyes because I freak out. I really don't know what would happen if I continued to look or go to whatever it was. I'm really afraid I would hyperventilate.

Anyway - there's a weird thing about me. I'm terrified of big things.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails