Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Upon Reflection...


Have you ever had that moment where you are really excited about something and you bring it up and talk about it with a friend and just get that kind of blank stare and a "Oh... okay..."? I get that a lot. I tend to stick to extremes. I either really like something or I really don't. That's not always the case, but it is about a lot of things.

Sometimes I wonder where I fit in. Why do people even spend time with me, I'm so stupidly obsessed with ridiculous things? How I ever actually found someone who would marry me is completely beyond my comprehension.

But I've come to a conclusion, one that at least keeps me okay with my personal eccentricities...

I am the tragically dorky and ecstatic combination of all of my friends.


For example:

I love Buffy along with Hannah & Paul.
I love to read so much it is almost a distraction from life, like Brooke.
I am sensitive and empathetic like Janine.
I know what I want most of the time like Diana.
I can be very free-spirited and independent like Allison.
I love Jesus and have a strong desire to better the spiritual lives of those around me like Emily.
I love musicals and Broadway shows like Fred.
I tend to have more going on under the surface than anyone ever cares to discover like Lewis.
I get very passionate about things like my dad and also like my dad I've learned to overcome and grow through difficult situations and decisions in my past.
I can see the best in everyone like Courtney.
And I very much have a desire to be loved like my brother.


All of those individual qualities are wonderful, but somehow when you lump them all together into someone completely awkward like me, it becomes this erratic mess of emotions, passions and craziness.

I sometimes just don't talk about certain things with certain friends because I know they don't care and it still hurts to get that blank stare or filler comment. I'm just so dorky.

Haha but I'm not giving up Buffy, Twilight Series, Harry Potter, Newsies, Hairspray, High School Musical or any of my tv shows. So I guess somebody is just gonna have to get used to my craziness and it's probably going to be me that's gonna have to learn to deal.




P.S. This was my personal reflection blog, I will try to keep it more interesting in the future.

2 comments:

janine said...

i can't speak for everyone, but i love you BECAUSE you are all of those things :)
happy birthday again :)

Emily said...

i agree with Janine. and I really like this blog. I don't know who this may be like BUT you can really describe yourself and how your feeling better than most people I know. Your passion for things are what make you you- even if I give you a blank stare from time to time I am in total support always.

Related Posts with Thumbnails