Saturday, April 7, 2007

The People's Princess




I saw The Queen yesterday. I thought it was incredible. It was beautiful. It was moving. Princess Diana was a little before my time. I mean, I was in middle school when she died and she had just never been that big of a deal to me. I knew who she was, but it was my mom who loved her. When she died, I remember my mom taping everything about her funeral and all the stuff that was on tv, and I remember being sad, but it just wasn't a remarkable moment in my life.

After seeing The Queen, I was humbled by the work of Diana's life. And I was moved by the response to her death. To have a reaction like that to your death, you must have had such a huge impact on everyone you were around. She was amazing.



(I'm not crazy about the song for this one, but what can you do??)




No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails