Friday, April 11, 2008

My Zine

So I've decided on the 12 women I am going to highlight in my Zine for my Gender & Women's Studies class. They are in no way an exhaustive list of those I think are most important, just a list of interesting women who have exhibited strength in their various areas of expertise. What do you think?
(In no particular order)


1. Angelina Jolie - celebrity & ambassador


2. Buffy the Vampire Slayer - fictional character


3. Ellen Degeneres - talk show host, celebrity & gay rights advocate


4. Hilary Clinton - politician


5. Jane Austen - author


6. Queen Elizabeth I - royalty


7. Madonna - musician


8. Frida Kahlo - artist


9. Coco Chanel - entrepreneur


10. Martha Graham - dancer


11. Rosa Parks - heroine & icon


12. Margaret Mead - anthropologist



The ones I didn't pick for my list, but would deserve to be on ANY list of strong, influential women in history (along with many others) are: Mary (Mother of Jesus), Cleopatra VII, Estee Lauder, Joan of Arc, Anne Frank, Hellen Keller, Eleanor Roosevelt

3 comments:

Jump said...

Mother Theresa

Cameron said...

Aw Matt Jump reads my blog! I got really excited about that just then!

But anyway, YES. I thought I had put her in my list at the bottom. Whoops!

Anonymous said...

Great list! Ayn Rand? Most important female philosopher and acclaimed and praised author :-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails