Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Juno

I had heard mixed reviews about this movie. Some people loved it, some people - not so much. So I didn't have really high expectations, I was just interested.

After having seen it, I understand both sides, but I fall on the side of loving it. And I have 2 reasons: Ellen Page and Michael Cera. I think with any other 2 people, the movie would have come off as trying too hard. BUT, because I really think that the two of them are effortlessly quirky in a very genuine way, I instead just thought it was wonderful. Very sweet.

Having had a couple of friends who got pregnant before they were planning on it, it was a situation I understood. I also think Diablo Cody (who wrote the screenplay) is adorable, has a very interesting story, and I want to see and read all of her stuff. I just think taking a situation like that and making it witty, funny, charming, sweet, relate-able and still moving really takes something that not everybody has. I commend all involved.

Overall, definitely worth seeing whether you end up loving it or not. And you may not. But it's okay I think. It's just one of those movies.

1 comment:

Emily said...

I could have told you that you would love it. I took Zach to see it...akward.

Related Posts with Thumbnails