Sunday, August 30, 2009

8 Things I Want to do Before I'm 30

I turned 25 yesterday!!! Apparently today I'm closer to 30 than I am to 20. Somehow that just doesn't bother me at all! But it does make me think about my long-term plans! So I decided to make a list of the things I want to do before I'm 30!

1. Get my Masters Degree.
I know that as a teacher, I have 10 years from the time I start teaching to get it, but I'd like it to be done in 5 so that before I'm 40 I can have my Rank 1!

2. Finish having children.
By this I mean finish GIVING BIRTH to children. I'd be okay if I was pregnant when I'm 30, but I don't want to get pregnant after 30. Also, this doesn't include adopting children. Lewis and I have talked about adoption a lot. I could see us having 2 or 3 biological children and then adopting 1. I think adoption is a really incredible thing and I believe that if you have the resources & most importantly the heart to do it, you absolutely should.

3. Be in a home I could stay in.
I don't want to move around every couple of years. I want to end up in the home I could just stay in for 10, 15, 40 years. I want to be in this home by the time I'm 30.

4. Travel overseas.
I've never been anywhere that requires a passport. I would like to travel to Japan or Europe before I'm 30. Just once. Maybe I'll go again later in life, but I want to go at least once before I'm 30.

5. Learn a 2nd language.
I really probably need to learn to speak Spanish. But I'm also interested in learning Sign Language. Or reviving my French from High School.

6. Learn to make the best something.
Lewis always says, "my mom makes the best _______" or others will say "my grandmother makes the best _______." I want to make the best something! It can be as easy as chocolate chip cookies! But I want to find my signature meal!!

7. Develop a list of must-see movies & watch them all.
So far, off the top of my head, I need to watch these: Reservoir Dogs, Goodfellas, Trainspotting, Blade Runner, Life is Beautiful

8. Develop a list of must-read books & read them all.
So far, again off the top of my head, I need to read these: The Lord of the Rings trilogy, Trainspotting, On the Road, Of Mice and Men, A Tale of Two Cities, The Great Gatsby


That's all I've got for now. If I think of more, I'll add them.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails