Sunday, July 20, 2008

The Dark Knight Review


So here's the thing about me reviewing this movie - I can't do it very eloquently, mainly because I start thinking about it, get really excited and then lose my words.

It was beyond fabulous. I am finding room for it right now in my top 10 movies of all time. I've got to organize it in my head. Heath Ledger's performance, in my opinion, is legendary. Everything about the movie was perfect. It is too much to really take in at once. We are planning on going to see it again in the IMAX.

You should absolutely go see it, no matter who you are. It will absolutely rock your socks off. It is the best Batman movie ever made. Read the Rolling Stone review as they much more eloquently elaborate on the specifics of the movie.


Here is some interesting information so far about the movie:

It has broken box office records as the biggest midnight-showing movie of all time. It made $18.4 million in just midnight showings, beating Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith which had held the record with $16.9 million.

It has broken box office records as the biggest first day movie of all time. It made $66.4 million on Friday, July 18, beating Spider-Man 3 which had held the record with $59.8 million.

We will find out today if it beat Spider-Man 3 for the biggest opening weekend movie of all time. Spider-Man 3 holds the title so far with $151.11 million.


Have you seen it yet?
What did you think?

2 comments:

Mandy said...

I loved it. Heath was incredible. Absolutely incredible.

Emily said...

saw it. loved it. can't wait to see it again.

Related Posts with Thumbnails