Sunday, July 27, 2008

Back to School

Speaking as someone who took a couple of years off and then returned to finish college, I understand and respect anyone who makes this decision. (I respect very much those who go to school to begin with and stick with it, but I understand how this isn't the right choice for everyone...) Some people take a few (or a lot of) years off to pursue other things. But I'm witnessing firsthand how college really helps you, shapes you, challenges you, encourages you, etc. You end up meeting people who are similar to you - they want similar things in their future - and are pursuing those passions and dreams with initiative, determination and education.

My reason for bringing this up is the following:

Brandon Boyd and Mike Einziger of Incubus have decided to go back to college. Boyd will be attending a Los-Angeles area art school and Einziger will be attending Harvard. Boyd recognizes that he will be in the company of many people who have the same passions and dreams like I was talking about. He said that he has a need "to humble myself in the presence of other artists who are younger, better and hungrier than I am. I think it will do good things for my ego."


(The info for this came from my friend Jessica's blog - Gravy & Biscuits. Check it out!!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww, thanks for the link! Nathan and I have been taking care of some personal things and some health problems this past week so the blog's been kind of on hiatus. But, I wanted to tell you that I spent way too much money on the giant box set of Buffy with all the episodes. We are in the last season now and OMG it is so good! I always loved Angel but I'm so glad I finally started watching Buffy. You've changed my life missy, with all your little quirks that I've adopted into my own life (ahem, dance movies). It's amazing how someone you've never met can have such an impact on you. Thank you.

PS: I found an article in some Christian magazine about Buffy, and I thought they were going to tear it down and say it was immoral, and I was thinking about how, if you think about it, Buffy and Angel are two of the most Christian things I've ever seen. But once I read it, that's kind of what they said, too! If I find it I'm going to send you the link. I know, I talk too much!

Anonymous said...

It's a little on the old side, but interesting!

http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2002/septemberweb-only/9-16-31.0.html

Related Posts with Thumbnails