Saturday, November 22, 2008

Robert Pattinson - again, not spoiler or review

So without discussing the movie, I would just like to discuss Mr. Pattinson:

I have watched several interviews with him and I've been obviously interested in the movie because of the book and while I still think Henry Cavill was the best choice for Edward, I have some thoughts on Robert Pattinson: the actor and not Robert Pattinson: as Edward.

I have decided that I like British actors. The British male actors are just very reluctant to fame, in my opinion. I saw David Beckham on the Ellen Degeneres show a few months ago and that was my initial thought about him, too. He was more reserved than a lot of the American actors that come on her show. I thought maybe it was just him, but then I saw Robert Pattinson on her show. While I do think he's pretty awkward, I've never had a problem with awkward. I think the problem for me is that Edward Cullen in the books is not awkward. He is definitely tortured about being a vampire, but he's got it all together in terms of who he is and what he does. He's cool, not awkward.

Watch these videos of Robert Pattinson in interviews and tell me what you think. I'm starting to warm up to him as an actor, although my opinions of him as Edward are not cemented yet. I am starting to think he's almost charming, although awkward and reluctant to the whole fame situation he has been thrown into.

Robert Pattinson on Ellen - Nov. 21 2008



Artist on Artist: Robert Pattinson & Hayley Williams

3 comments:

Cameron said...

i need to clarify that i'm aware that david beckham is not a british ACTOR, but i think you get my gist.

Anchor Media said...

I think they like each other (Hayley and the dude)

They keep blushing and awkwardly flirting.

It's cute.

Cameron said...

it is cute!! they would be cute. i love her hair in this video.

Related Posts with Thumbnails