Monday, December 3, 2007

Poseur:

The Vase of Cornflowers, 1959
Salvador Dali


Poseur: someone who wants to impress others as being something he is not

Your completely self-involved worldview blinds you to reality. You have made your decisions and staked your claim on this "individuality" that when examined is really nothing unique. You blend into this world of copycats, jumping from big idea to big idea, just trying to keep ahead and really falling tragically behind. Is it worth it to lose everybody? Are you happier with no goals, no future, no passion for anything that isn't fully wrapped up in you?

You're right. If this superficial, cock-eyed, pathetic excuse for "real life" is all I'll get by following your shallow, superficial doctrine, then I don't want any part of it. And I'm not sorry for the loss.

You're wrong. And as much as I love you, I won't sit by and watch you go down in flames.

Of all the Salvador Dali paintings
I could have chosen for this blog post,
I wonder why I picked that one...
hmmm something to think about...

2 comments:

janine said...

cameron. thank you for posting paintings :) they make my heart really happy. let's get together soon?

Sara Jane said...

Could it be because Van Gogh had The Vase with Cornflowers and Poppies in 1887 and Dali's wasn't until 1959? Are you calling Dali a Poseur?

I hope your friend finds themself. It's hard to watch people change, it's almost harder to change them back. The older I get, the more I look at what I can control vs. what I can't and try to keep my focus on what I can...not alway easy. Just try to stay strong and true to who you are! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails