Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Movie thoughts: Star Trek, Ghosts of Girlfriends Past, X-Men Origins: Wolverine

I have seen several movies lately and I haven't told you.

Image Source
Star Trek
Completely knocked my socks off. I used to watch the old ones with my grandmother and I liked it, but I never loved it like I loved the movie. You definitely don't have to know about the original show to enjoy it, but there is stuff in there that will give those hardcore fans a little something extra. It was absolutely amazing. Action packed, some romance, really funny, just a little something for everyone.


Image Source
Ghosts of Girlfriends Past
I actually liked this a lot more than I thought I would! I tend to really like Matthew McConaughey movies and even Jennifer Garner movies. This one was funny and cute. Definitely not award-worthy or anything, but great date night fun.


Image Source
X-Men Origins: Wolverine
I really liked this movie! My cousin had seen it's early release on the internet that everyone talked about and he was really disappointed in the special effects, but with the exception of a couple of really awful parts where his claws or whatever just looked completely fake (when he's looking in the mirror in the bathroom), I just didn't really think it was bad. I really enjoyed it! I would recommend it! But it does have a part at the end where they're fighting on this big nuclear plant thing and it's like a great big hole and it totally freaked me out because of my phobia. But man Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool is like the best thing ever and I'm really excited about him getting his own Deadpool spin-off movie! The only thing Lewis really didn't like was that the movie doesn't follow the comics at all, but he said if he took it as it's own thing, just completely separate, that he enjoyed it.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails