Thursday, August 7, 2008

Stephenie Meyer - future Twilight books?

A lot of people have been talking about this and I wanted to just put what I found on Stephenie Meyer's website and a couple of other places so that you can all rest easy...

Although Bella will not narrate the story anymore, Stephenie Meyer is still open to continuing with the characters from Forks that she has created.

And don't forget about Midnight Sun which is Twilight from Edward's perspective. It will be released Summer 2009.


From StephenieMeyer.com FAQ:

Will Bella and Edward's story be a trilogy, or a longer series?

I have no intention of quitting at three. Firstly, Bella and Edward would never forgive me. Secondly, the next two books would have to be 1000+ pages apiece to get the story to any place that felt like a true resolution. Thirdly, there are other stories to tell here, and, though the narrator might change, the story will continue. I just have way to much fun living in Forks (in my head) to stop anytime soon.


From an MTV interview with Stephenie Meyer:

MTV: Is it going to be hard to walk away from "Twilight"?

Meyer: I don't feel like I have yet. I'm still working with the Edward book, which keeps me in it. I know for absolute sure that this is the last time Bella's going to tell the story, but I don't know if I'll be able to leave all the characters behind. There are so many stories there. While I plan to do some other things first, I may come back to it.


From Twilight Lexicon:

"Is this truly the final book?" asked Good Things Utah host, Nicea DeGering.

To which Meyer answered, "It is the final book from Bella’s perspective."



Who would YOU most like her to write the next book about?

6 comments:

Brooke said...

I'm not sure that I would read them... but I think she will do the adventures of Jacob and Nessie. I'm actually positive I wouldn't read them. But thats what I think it will be about.

Sara Jane said...

I was just thinking the same thing too Brooke. I think that when she talked about the one vampire making all these half breed vampires, that sounded like another set of books, Jacob, Nessie and the rest of the half breeds!

Anonymous said...

Personally i think she should after writying from edwards side, write it from alice's point of veiw, and possibly a story of nessie growing up from her point of view and maybe jacob if possible

Anonymous said...

I think I would still like all of them better if there were more fro Bela's point of view but I will always read them. It only took me 2 weeks to read the first three books and I'm currently in the iddle of Breaking Dawn. And I'm excited for Midnight Sun. Does anyone know of other set titles for future books?

Anonymous said...

i do really hope that she will finish midnight sun. i love to read the twilight books now and i hate to read. also i think she should get money from who ever posted some of midnight sun.

Anonymous said...

I actually want her to continue the books with Edwards perspective. They have to be the new Harry Potter! So at least continue to book 10!
I absoloutly love all of them! So does my mom! Hahaa, please Stephenie, WRITE MORE!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails