Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Favorite Friend Quote of the Day 11-20-2007

"I mean, they only tip God 10% so how can we expect any more?"
-Guy in class who will remain nameless for my blog
(He works in a restaurant)


Let's talk about this for a second! My mind was racing with thoughts.

1. People know what's up.
I don't know if this guy is a Christian or not. All I know is that he works in a restaurant and the "church people" are the worst to serve. People know that's not how it should be. They KNOW. We aren't fooling anybody. Time to step up.

2. Get your stinking act together!
When will we ever get it right?? The "Christian life" is hard. I understand that. I understand that living in a world that pushes so hard for something different is difficult. But come on, how hard is it to patiently sit through your lunch and at the very least act like Jesus would to your server? I've always heard that the church crowd is the worst for servers. Goodness gracious people!

3. They're watching.
People are watching. They notice. They look. Granted usually the big mistakes outweigh the simple acts of kindness in the world in terms of what is publicized and remembered, but still. That's no reason to stop performing the simple acts of kindness. Just look at things differently. If we are supposed to be Christ to people, wouldn't it be wonderful if we could start at the dinner table, whether that's with our family at home or in public at a restaurant?


It's really simple. But it's annoying to me that other people know how absurd it is that we would "only tip God 10%."

All kinds of questions and comments were raised. It's crazy. I had to agree with him & others in class. I do get sick of "church people."

Where are the "little Christs" which is what we are supposed to be?
Where are they hiding?
Come out, come out wherever you are!!!

1 comment:

Jess said...

I SO know this story! When you work in a restaurant, it makes it very hard to go back to church. Because you just don't want to be associated with people who are so hateful and rude but go into a church and act like they're better than everyone else. I have a few blogs about this, actually. Anyway, you are tagged Missy! Go see my blog for more details. Can't wait to hear random stuff about you! <3<3

Related Posts with Thumbnails