Saturday, October 27, 2007

I love her.

Image from her website!

Emma Caulfield was Anya on Buffy the Vampire Slayer. I love the character of Anya, but even more I love Emma herself! I started reading her blog on her myspace a few months ago and I just absolutely love her! Following this is her latest blog! Go here to read all of them!!

**The following was written by Emma Caulfield, not me!**


Well, "In God We Trust" have been removed from the new one dollar coin, and can I just say thank God! I mean Jesus Christ it's about time! Hallejfuckinglua my faith in my Government has been restored...

SIGH

The reason for this highly necessary decision to make our money Atheist, I can only guess, is that having God on our money is offensive to the less than 10% of people in this country who don't believe in God. I know there are those (probably the Atheists) who say it's a violation of church and state. And to them I have two things to say. One, prove it bitches! The Constitution says that government can not dictate what religion the citizens can practice, or interfere in that practice. Having the word God on our money, is not interfering, nor is the reference to God an homage to a particular sect. All religions believe in a higher power, whether it be a being or Universal force. Second, the idea that just because you are a minority, does not mean you are oppressed. Real oppression of minority groups would include, let's see, uh, the Holocaust, slavery, the denial of the right to vote, and or equal access perhaps? If you tyrannical life sucking limelight seekers honestly believe having the word God on our money qualifies you as being oppressed, then you are more bat shit crazy than I thought. Our founding fathers who wrote the Constitution, who fled from religious persecution, still believed in God, and understood God's relevance in the development of the American democracy. These brave men sacrificed everything to be free from real oppression. They understood the importance of liberty, and drafted one of the greatest documents in history. If we all understand that, if we all understand their sacrifices and their relevance to our current way of life now, then isn't it fair to assume that they knew what they were doing when they created our currency? Agree with me or not, it makes no difference. If you do then I ask you to refuse this coin as proper currency. If you receive a coin as change, ask for a dollar bill instead. The new coin, and the oppressive minority are only as relevant as you allow them to be. Peace.emma

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails