Sunday, July 15, 2007

Laugh if you must

I am such a myspace lurker!! I spent so much time today finding and checking out the real myspace pages of a bunch of the people who starred in Buffy! I found quite a few! I swear I'm not a stalker!!

I just think the whole television show thing is really interesting. It's strange how you watch these shows each week and you get to where you want certain things for them and you hurt for them and you cry with them and it's like everybody who watches whatever show is part of this family. Sounds strange, I know! But if there is some show you love, just think about it! You do it too! And if you say you don't, you're lying.

When the final episode of Friends ended, I cried so much!! Not because of what happened in the episode, but because I had gotten to the point where the show was an escape for me. After a long week of whatever, I could kick back, relax and watch my 30 minutes of television where I didn't have to think about anything else. I could just take some time off for myself. And when it was over, it was really a loss for me! Thank goodness for reruns and tv shows on DVD!!

But that's what Buffy is for me. I think it is hilarious, moving, inspiring, intelligent, witty and timeless. And I don't think that just anybody can pull that off in a tv show. You get different actors and the draw is gone. It was the chemistry of those exact people in the show that made it what it was. So, yeah, I take a bunch of time to read their myspace pages, their blogs, look at their pictures - because any people who could inspire me to love any tv show as much as I love that one deserves my attention in what they have to say. They won't dictate my life or influence my opinions necessarily, but it takes special people to be able to carry a show like that and to do it together.



Anyway, maybe this was just to make myself feel better and not like a total loser because I love a tv show so much. Either way, Emma Caulfield's blog on myspace is really interesting! So if any of you feel like lurking, check it out! I think she's great!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails