Saturday, January 28, 2012

Pilot Scoop

Every year, I follow the new TV show forecasts pretty closely. I get excited to see what new shows I could pick up! This year, I started watching New Girl, Ringer, Hart of Dixie, Suburgatory, 2 Broke Girls and Secret Circle! Let's point out that 3 of those are on the CW - probably my all time favorite channel. It has the most shows that I watch on it.

Well, the TV stations have started picking up pilots, so I'm following along with anticipation! So far here are the shows that look promising to me...

Let's start with my favorite...the CW
CW has ordered another medical dramedy by the producer of Gilmore Girls. I didn't watch Gilmore Girls, but I want to and I know lots of people who like it! The plot sounds similar to Hart of Dixie, mixed with Grey's Anatomy. That could be a downer that there are already shows similar to it, but since I like both of those, I'm willing to give it a shot.

CW has also ordered The Carrie Diaries, based on the novel by Candace Bushnell. It's a prequel to the Sex and the City novels, based on Carrie in high school. I love Sex and the City, so I'm pretty sure if they do this well, I'd love it too!

Finally, CW has ordered a Beauty and the Beast-type show, similar to the 1987 series with Ron Pearlman and Linda Hamilton. I haven't seen that, but according to IMDB it looks kindof like a more modern take on it. Not sure how I feel about this, but I tend to give the CW the benefit of the doubt, so I'm going to try it.

Now, probably my 2nd favorite channel...ABC
First of all, ABC is also ordering a Beauty and the Beast-type show. Weird that there would be 2, but this one sounds more like a Once Upon a Time kind of thing. I have loved that show so far, so this one also sounds fairly promising. But I also find it weird that they would have Once Upon a Time and a Beauty and the Beast show on their network.

ABC has also ordered 666 Park Ave., based on another book. It is created by the producers of Vampire Diaries, Secret Circle and Gossip Girl. They had me at producers of Vampire Diaries. I'll watch.

Shonda Rhimes has created a period drama for ABC called Gilded Lilys. It's based in 1895, with the first luxury hotel in New York. She's done great with everything I've seen of hers so far and I love New York, so that idea sounds interesting.
NBC
NBC has picked up 8 comedies. Once a couple of them sound good to me.
Jimmy Fallon is producing a comedy based on three 30-something guys who are parenting even though they haven't stopped being children themselves. Sounds funny and I love Jimmy.

There is also an untitled Hilary Winston project about a shy, focused woman who dumps her fiance and allows her coworkers to help her come out of her shell and get revenge. Sounds kinda cute.

TBS
TBS ordered Men at Work, with Breckin Meyer and Danny Masterson. It's about a recently dumped nice guy whose friends help him become manly again. It's got some funny guys in it.


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails