Thursday, June 12, 2008

Fabulous is the perfect word for her...

[Excerpt from her interview in the new issue of Entertainment Weekly]

Some people can't reconcile your old persona, where you talked about knives and cutting, with your more recent identity as a mother and activist.

"...it's not that different. The reason I talked about going through certain pains or even cutting myself is that I was already out the other side. I knew there were people that do that — and somehow are happy that somebody admitted they did and discussed how they got out of it. I don't see the point of doing an interview unless you're going to share the things you learn in life and the mistakes you make. So to admit that I'm extremely human and have done some dark things, I don't think makes me unusual or unusually dark. I think it actually is the right thing to do and I'd like to think it's the nice thing to do."



I definitely agree with her. I think it takes strength and courage to open up about a painful or troublesome time in your past, one when you maybe didn't make the best decisions. I think that opening up about your dark moments allows other people the freedom to feel like they can open up about theirs and I think that helps promote healing in all sorts of different ways. And I definitely don't think that who you were really has anything to say about who you are except for showing how far you can come and what you can OVERcome.

Also, check out To Write Love on Her Arms if what Angelina talks about sounds like something you have dealt with.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails