Monday, June 9, 2008

2008 Movies

So, yes, 2008 is half over. But this is my list of movies that I am excited about coming out in the last half of the year!! I'll tell you why!

June:
The Incredible Hulk (6/13)
Why: Because I think it deserves another chance. And because Edward Norton rocks my face off.

The Happening (6/13)
Why: Because I will see every M. Night Shyamalan movie, no matter whether it looks good or bad. And because I love Mark Wahlberg and Zooey Deschanel.

Get Smart (6/20)
Why: Because Steve Carell is hilarious and Anne Hathaway is so pretty.

Wanted (6/27)
Why: Because who doesn't want to see that movie after watching the previews??


July:
Hancock (7/4)
Why: Because Will Smith, Jason Bateman and Charlize Theron are fabulous.

Hellboy II: The Golden Army (7/11)
Why: Because it is written, directed and produced by the guy who did Pan's Labyrinth. That at least makes it worth seeing. And also because I enjoyed the first one more than I thought I would.

The Dark Knight (7/18)
Why: Because Batman Begins is my favorite comic book movie of all time. Because Christian Bale has been one of my favorites ever since Newsies. And because Heath Ledger gave so much of himself to the part. I will see it if for no other reason than that Heath Ledger found it to be that important.

Step Brothers (7/25)
Why: Will Ferrell and John C. Reilly - always worth seeing.


August:
The Rocker (8/1)
Why: Dwight is in it. And so is that girl from Superbad. I love her!!

Swing Vote (8/1)
Why: Mainly probably just because it's making fun of politics and I find that interesting.

The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2 (8/8)
Why: Because I love the books and because America Ferrera is just so sweet.

The Accidental Husband (8/22)
Why: Denny Duquette is in it.

The House Bunny (8/22)
Why: Anna Farris and that girl from Superbad. And it just looks funny.


September:
Eagle Eye (9/26)
Why: Because the trailer looks awesome and because I love Shia LaBeouf.


October:
Nick and Nora's Infinite Playlist (10/3)
Why: Michael Cera. Period.

Nights in Rodanthe (10/3)
Why: It's based on a Nicholas Sparks book that I loved.

He's Just Not That Into You (10/24)
Why: Because of the cast - Ginnifer Goodwin (Walk the Line, Big Love), Scarlett Johansson, Jennifer Aniston, Drew Barrymore, Jennifer Connelly, Justin Long, Ben Affleck. And it's produced by Drew Barrymore.

High School Musical 3: Senior Year (10/24)
Why: Because it's High School Musical.

RocknRolla (10/31)
Why: Guy Ritchie directed it and Gerard Butler stars in it. Yep, I'm seeing it.


November:
Quantum of Solace (11/7)
Why: Daniel Craig as James Bond. Fabulous.

Australia (11/14)
Why: Baz Luhrmann wrote and directed it. I love him.

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (11/21)
Why: Harry Potter!

Four Christmases (11/28)
Why: Vince Vaughn and Reese Witherspoon

The Road (11/28)
Why: Book was written by Cormac McCarthy.


December:
Yes Man (12/19)
Why: Jim Carrey and Zooey Deschanel. I love them both.

Revolutionary Road (12/19)
Why: Mainly because it's Leonardo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet together again.

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button (12/19)
Why: F. Scott Fitzgerald novel, Brad Pitt stars.

The Spirit (12/25)
Why: Frank Miller wrote the graphic novel. (He also wrote Sin City and 300 - two of my favorite movies.)

Bedtime Stories (12/25)
Why: Adam Sandler, Kerri Russell, Courtney Cox. It just looks cute.

Marley & Me (12/25)
Why: Owen Wilson and Jennifer Aniston. I'm interested.

The Time Travelers Wife (12/25)
Why: Because I've heard the book is fabulous and I love Rachel McAdams.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails