Saturday, November 19, 2011

Breaking Dawn (Major Spoilers)

WARNING: I do not hold back in my details. This is pretty much  nothing but spoilers. If you have read the book, you'll be fine to read this. If you have not read the books & have not seen the movie, don't read this.

Overall...I hated it.

But to be fair, I don't think it's the movie's fault that I hated it. I absolutely hated the first half of the Breaking Dawn book. Pretty much right where they cut off the first movie is where I finally got a little bit on board with the book. As soon as Jacob imprinted, everything made more sense to me about all of the other books. I suddenly got why Jacob & Bella had always had that connection. I had read the other books where it described someone imprinting on a baby and the way they had described it made it seem way less creepy and weird. I don't think there's a perfect way to portray that in a movie. 

So I pretty much felt about the movie the way I felt about the book. I loved the wedding stuff, honeymoon stuff. I hated it when Bella got pregnant. I thought it was embarrassing and awkward. I feel like Bella is a horrible role model and a horrible character in general. She was never my favorite in the books or the movies. (Give me Hermione Granger any day!)

When it got into Jacob's view and you see the wolves talking and everything, it seemed like some sort of Disney channel animal movie. Just felt cheesy and again, embarrassing for me. I spent the last half of the movie practically with my head in my hands, or covering my face because I felt so awkward about all of it. 

I will say that I loved the ending when Bella became a vampire. When it goes through that whole thing and then she opens her blood red eyes. Yep, I'm ready for Part 2. I loved Part 2 in the book! I loved the whole thing with the Volturi and with meeting all the different types of vampires from all over the world. I loved it when Bella was learning about being a vampire, so I look forward to seeing all of that in the last movie.

So let's see, I loved the wedding and honeymoon. That was about 25 minutes or so. I loved the part when Bella became a vampire. That's the last 2 minutes or so. I have a combined total of less than 30 minutes of the movie that I liked. That leaves 3/4 of the movie that I hated. Overall, not great.

But bring on Part 2.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails